Saturday, December 18, 2010

Why do bears have fur coats?

Because they look silly in denim jackets.

- The hilarious result of Madi and I buying ourselves Christmas Crackers, which are sorely missed in the Father Land!


Our girls christmas celebration ended up being just Madi and I, which is a real shame, however, we had so much fun! We were really silly with our crackers and I got the most hilarious toy - a plastic witches fingernail. I am sure Madi will post a pic of it when she gets back from Botton. We watched a movie, ate a lot of sushi, drank tea and snacked on Mandarins - my favourite winter fruit. It was absolutely lovely and helps me a lot, that my best friend comes from England, so we share a lot of christmas traditions that are lacking here!


Jan and I are up bright and early (12.54pm is early...right?) on this beautiful winter day - blue skies and sun! Jan is in the city doing his last minute christmas shopping, whilst I am about to make a risotto and we will then head over to Madi and Philipp´s to exchange gifts and eat together, as we will not see each other before New Years. 


So I thought I would share a little bit of Christmas in our flat, it is not much, because I am a pretty lousy house wife.


Candy Canes

One must keep warm with lovely Mother-made quilts

The ´tree´- told you I was lousy.
 It is literally one of our bamboo shoots with a candy cane and a decoration on it.
These are some of the gifts we have and need to wrap.
Jan´s St. Nikolas food is on the right - plus an avocado which needs to ripen in the heat of the living room.


I like Saturdays. Jan made me breakfast today and as I am sitting on the computer, not making risotto as I should be, I am drinking a mug of Vanilla Green Tea from my Stuttgart Christmas Markets Mug, looking a mess and missing you all.



Happy weekend before christmas everyone! xxxx G

2 comments:

  1. You don't look a mess, but you're right..you should be cooking! I'm Hungry!!! haha looking forward to lunch!
    kiss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you realy thought you looked a mess you wouldn't have taken a photo of yourself!! hahaha. glad to hear your getting into the chrissy spirit xx

    ReplyDelete