Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bout that time?

Perhaps it is time I got back in to blogging as a way of keeping in contact with everyone.


It has been a year since I have blogged. All those points about the differing education systems have become more and more apparent - it is an intense education and when you are studying, there is not much time left over for anything else. Any left over time is spent raking in the big bucks (cause we all know waitressing and bar work is a money maker) and having fun at the gym.


It is summer, at last, and boy is it pleasant. 


I am going to be spending almost 6 weeks in Denmark. I fly up there on Thursday, spent a few days with an old friend from our time in Botton Village, and begin Summer School on Monday. The course is Cross Cultural Management and Marketing. And it is in english. What a treat!
Jan is meeting me for a weeks camping once the course finishes at the end of August. Can´t wait for a holiday.

This year has seen a few of those - holidays.

In April Tom and Mel came to visit for a few weeks. We had a devilishly good time. We drove to beautiful, artsy and cultural Amsterdamn and got lost biking on canals.

In May 2 weeks were spent in London. We stayed with friends from Botton and then two nights with Tom and Mel in their new place - they have a great set up and it was great to see them. Jan hurried home for University and I happened to have another week off so spent a week at Bel´s, a friend from home. It was fan-bloody-tastic. I love London. It was wonderful to spend 2 entire weeks there. The best part was seeing people I love again and spending time with them, but also spending a lot of time on my own visiting museums and spending money I couldn´t afford to spend (and delighting in glutenfree heaven)

In June my best friend, Alice, came to stay for 10 days. We had so much fun - there was a lot of laughing, a lot of eating, a lot of shopping (this time not me), a lot of drinking (also not me) and also some great workouts and spa times. I loved seeing Jan and her interact, they got on great which was fantastic for me. She was here for my birthday and it was very special indeed.

Add in Denmark to the holiday list. Plus another trip to England over Chrissie - Oxford with the family, and that seems like a pretty succesful year in Europe to me.

I guess I stopped blogging because I wasn´t particularly enjoying life in Germany in any way. But this year has been a big turn around and I am putting a lot less pressure on my life and just enjoying it.

In other news - my little Sister is going to be in Europe in 7 weeks time! That is that - all the Moore siblings in Europe (just a great excuse for the parents to visit us all). She has some ridiculously amazing tours booked and has also booked in some ridiculously amazing time with me and I cannot wait.

Also coming to Europe is my friend Sarah, she will be studying in Mannheim, an hour and a halfs drive away from me! Who woulda thunk it. Can´t wait to have a fellow Adelaidian representing in the Father Land.

That is all from me - bed time as I have a lot of organising to do tomorrow. Including packing (1 day before my flight, don´t take after Dad in that aspect).

See you again soon.
Love, G
x


1 comment: